Surveillance systems are now more readily available in various types and prices. The average cost of a security system and installation is around $1,500. However, due to the variations in types and quality of cameras, installation typically ranges between $660 and $2,000. Wired systems cost less for parts but more for installation, at $150-$200 per camera, compared to their wireless counterparts. But isn’t this nothing compared to the feeling of safety and security that surveillance cameras give homeowners?
Some homeowners opt to install surveillance cameras on their own. A system designed for DIY installation will cost you nothing but time, if you have the tools. If you haven’t got any, worry not for professional installers are here to help. But whether you end up going the DIY route or hiring a pro, an initial consultation will help you understand your exact needs based on the requirements of your home. Here are some factors you should consider:
- Home area. The more area, the more cameras needed. You will also need higher quality with better resolution and field of vision for larger areas.
- Security Needs. Different homes have different needs. These ranges from a couple cameras to monitor your children to 360-degree coverage both inside and outside your home to deter criminal activity.
- Placement. Do you need internal or external cameras? or both? Internal cameras do not need to be weatherproof and are often less expensive than external varieties.
- Wired or Wireless. Wires make for a much tougher installation. Professional help is very much recommended for proper cable networking and management.
- Monitoring. A security team that monitors your surveillance camera feed adds to installation complexities. Some homeowners opt for this option though for it provides 24-hour monitoring and other upgrades at a monthly fee.
Which among these factors would you go with and where do you want your surveillance cameras placed? Consult a professional to help you understand what works best for your home, family, and budget. Contact A+ Cable Runners for more information.